Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Heinle?
Heinle is a leading provider of materials for English language teaching and learning throughout the world, and part of Cengage Learning. Heinle and Cengage Learning are committed to helping learners become more effective readers, writers, and communicators, and to helping teachers become more effective in guiding learners to achieve their goals.
2. 2. What are the system requirements for accessing content purchased on elt.heinle/shop?
|Minimum System Requirements||Flash player / Plug-in – Flash 9.0 or higher|
|Operating Systems||Windows XP, Mac OSX 10.4 or higher and Windows Vista|
|Browsers||Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
Firefox 1.5 or higher
Safari for MAC
MAC Flash Player 8 or higher
|Screen resolution||1024 X 768 and higher|
|Internet connection||Minimum 56K required|
|Hardware||Pentium 863 MHz or faster
128 RAM or higher
3. What do I do after I purchase my electronic content?
You will receive an email confirmation of your order that will contain an access code. Once you receive the email, you will need to login and register to the MyELT site (http://myelt.heinle.com). A new login and registration will be required to access the site.
4. What file format is used to deliver the e-book content?
The ebooks are flash files. As per the system requirements for MyELT, you must have flash installed.
5. How do I access my content after purchase?
You will receive an email confirmation of your order that will contain an access code. Once you receive the email, you will need to login and register to the MyELT site (http://myelt.heinle.com), a new login and registration will be required to access the site.
6. What if I am having problems with my access code?
Once on the MyELT site (http://myelt.heinle.com), select the Help feature, complete and submit the Help form.
7. What if my purchased items are not showing up in MyAccount?
During heavy volume periods, it can take several minutes for purchased items to populate your MyAccount page. If you are expecting to see content and it is not present, refresh the page by clicking your browser's refresh button. If it's been 30 minutes or more and your MyAccount page has not populated, please login and register to the MyELT site (http://myelt.heinle.com), select the Help feature, then complete and submit the Help Form.
8. How can I see a list of the items I've purchase on elt.heinle/shop?
Login to the site and go to My Account to view your electronic content. If you would like to view a receipt of your purchase(s) click on MyPurchaseHistory.
9. Can I access my content on more than one computer?
We do not support simultaneous viewing on MyELT currently.
10. How can I view my content offline?
MyELT does not currently support offline viewing of content.
11. How long can I access the electronic content I purchase?
The access code will be valid for one year after first use.
12. Am I able to print the eBook I purchased?
MyELT does not currently support printing functions on eBooks.
13. Is the eBook compatible with IE7?
Yes, the eBook is compatible with IE7.
14. Is the eBook compatible with VISTA?
Yes, the eBook does support the use of Windows VISTA.
15. Do I need to have a broadband connection (DSL, Cable) to utilize the eBook?
No, you do not need to have a broadband connection (minimum required connection speed is 56K). But a broadband connection is highly recommended.
16. How do I access customer support?
On the MyELT site, (http://myelt.heinle.com), select the Help feature, complete and submit the Help form.
17. I live outside of the US, can I make purchase on elt.heinle/shop?
Yes, you can make purchases on elt.heinle/shop. Please select your region from elt.heinle.com.
18. What is the elt.heinle/shop returns policy?
Refunds are not available for items delivered electronically, including eBooks, and Access Codes for online products.
19. Can I receive a refund on a purchase of an eBook if I drop my class?
No, we do not accept returns of any digital products.